Aller au contenu

Introducing AstroBin.com

siovene

Messages recommandés

Hello everybody,

First of all, let me tell you I have tried to find an Admin to ask permission before posting this, but I didn't get any reply.

Also, apologies if this post is not in French... I don't know any :) I hope most of you can read English.

This is not spam nor advertisement, but I simply want to bring to your attention a project that is very beneficial to the astrophotography community.

This is a project I've been working on for the past year: an image hosting service specifically made for astrophotographers, called AstroBin.

AstroBin, which you can find at http://www.astrobin.com/ is seeking to preserve the value inherent to the great scientific-grade output that the astrophotograph community has produced for so many years.

It was born out of the desire to end something I had seen for too long, something that I didn’t want to see: the waste of incredible material to the sea of chaos that the Internet can be. For years, I have seen fantastic astrophotographs being uploaded to Internet Forums, often with little or no data, or to general purpose image hosting site, invariably with no data attached.

Such an image would be seen by some people, then quickly forgotten, and reduced to nothing more than a bunch of pixel in the giant wasteland of the Internet.

I respected the Astrophotography community too much to allow this, so I decided to do something about it. AstroBin is the result: an effort to host, collect, index and categorize the output of the astrophotographers all over the world, so that their precious data would serve a purpose, and have a meaning forever.

So, let me tell you why you too should upload your astro-images to AstroBin, and contribute:

Unlimited uploads, unlimited size, for free

Astrophotography images have scientific value that shouldn’t be lost in file compression. On AstroBin you can (and should!) upload full size images. And you have unlimited space for free.

Smart albums

Your astro-images will be automatically organized in dynamic and intelligent albums: by subject type (nebulae, clusters, galaxies…), by year and by equipment used.

AstroBin-siovene-151455.png

Dedication to data

On a general purpose image sharing site, you would upload your image and be done with it. AstroBin, instead, has a user interface specifically designed to enable you to input all the technical data of your image. AstroBin will autocomplete your input using a vast database: everything from telescopes, CCDs and filters to astronomical objects in many catalogues will show in popup dialogs for easy selection when you start typing their names. AstroBin is connected to the SIMBAD Astronomical Database, which contains over 5 million objects under over 15 million names!

AstroBin-152134.png

Data is strongly interconnected

Have you ever wanted to see how your next image is going to look like? On AstroBin, you can search for all images of a certain target that were taken with a certain telescope and a certain CCD or camera. Or a certain filter. How about all the images between 6 and 8 hours of integration? Or with a certain Moon phase? You can do that!

AstroBin-152531.png

All the data at a glance

Each image on AstroBin is annotated of all the technical details about its acquisition. Telescopes involved, cameras, mounts, filters, everything is visible at a glance in the Technical Card. Even the Moon age at the time of the acquisition is displayed.

AstroBin-North-American-Pelican-Nebula-Mosaic-antimorris-152829.png

More than just an image

AstroBin will do more than just host a copy of your image: when you upload a photograph, a histogram and a black & white inverted version of the image will be generated on the fly, so it’s easier to Spot faint nebulosity regions or spiral arms. Images will also be plate solved, and an annotated version will appear on the site. AstroBin will know what are the astronomical objects in your image without you telling!

AstroBin-Markarians-Chain-astrogufo-153125.png

AstroBin supports multiple image revisions

Don’t tell me you have never gone back to revise the processing of an image after you had published it. AstroBin embraces this concept and lets you publish several revisions of the same image easily and intuitively! Now it’s going to be really easy to tell whether your processing has improved.

AstroBin-M31-LH-RHGB-fdc-153330.png

AstroBin is social!

On AstroBin you can message other astrophotographer, follow them and be notified when they post new images, or perform requests for more data. You can also vote on images.

AstroBin-153536.png

Have your data neatly plotted

Data is everything, and AstroBin will give you the tools to keep your data neat and organized. And with our plots, you can get insights on your productivity and on the gear you use the most.

AstroBin-siovene-153707.png

In conclusion, as you have undoubtly realized by now, AstroBin is way more than an image hosting service. It’s what the Astrophotography community has needed for a long time. Posting your astrophotographs on AstroBin not only means you gain a great place to store your work, a great way to keep your data consistent and organized and fantastic tool to accompany you in your hobby; it also means you are contributing something to the community, you are helping others know what to expect from their equipment, and you are keeping important data safe and organized.

If you are as convinced as I think you are, go ahead and sign up at http://astrobin.com/accounts/register/ !

I hope you like AstroBin and find it useful. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have suggestions, comments, critiques, ideas, or you need help with it!

Thank you all,

*Salvatore.

• Réponses 60
  • Créé
  • Dernière réponse

Les pipelettes du sujet

Les pipelettes du sujet

Something I'm missing on Astrobin: only compressed files are uploadable. No RAW, no TIF, no AVI containers. I understand it would require a much larger storage capacity, but it means you can't store all your pics in the same place. You still have to use some other online file hosting, like dropbox.com for instance. :confused:

Some additional remarks:

The option 'Fit image's width to window' will actually enlarge a small (eg: planetary) image with disastrous results...

The member gallery is not really convenient. I would like something like jAlbum to link here in the forums as 'my gallery'. It would be good to have a gallery without all the statistics but just the images.

;)

Hi,

thanks for your comments. My replies below.

Something I'm missing on Astrobin: only compressed files are uploadable. No RAW, no TIF, no AVI containers. I understand it would require a much larger storage capacity, but it means you can't store all your pics in the same place. You still have to use some other online file hosting, like dropbox.com for instance. :confused:

I'm with you on this, I wish I could host also RAW, FIT, TIF and AVI, but storage (safe storage, that is) is expensive. I would soon be looking at petabytes of data and bills in the ballpark of thousands of dollars per month.

AstroBin is self-supported, that means I pay with my own money for it :) At the moment it's not much, so I can afford it without forcing ads or a monthly fee on the users.

AstroBin is many things, but it's not a backup service. If I hosted RAW/FIT/TIF/AVI files, 99% of them would be uploaded and never touched again; they'd just be sitting there costing me money on my Amazon S3 bill :)

So, I can't see how hosting those files will ever be possible, unless I put a $100/year fee on each user that wants to use that functionality.

The option 'Fit image's width to window' will actually enlarge a small (eg: planetary) image with disastrous results...

I'm aware of that :) It's a little annoying bug, I agree. It's high on my priority list and will get fixed soon.

The member gallery is not really convenient. I would like something like jAlbum to link here in the forums as 'my gallery'. It would be good to have a gallery without all the statistics but just the images.

;)

Is that the only thing that you don't find convenient? Moving the stats to a separate page would be really easy for me. Please let me know if there's something else in the profile page that you would like to see improved :)

Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate!

Salvatore.

Modifié par siovene

After playing a bit with astrobin, I can say I'm delighted. Uploading is a lenghty process, but it pays in the end. Now I moved my gallery up there. :)

Thank you Salvatore! :1010:

Pour ceux qui n'ont pas suivi:

AstroBin est un hébergeur d'images astro dont la particularité est de ne pas endommager (comprimer) les images, et de lier chaque image par des mots-clés, ce qui permet des recherches et des statistiques intéressantes.

AB est gratuit et il n'y a pas de limite de taille sur les images.

Cerise sur le gâteau, la fonction 'plate-solving' permet d'identifier automatiquement les objets sur vos photos. Exemple (passez la souris sur l'image):

http://astrobin.com/2712/

:)

Thanks guys :)

I'm wondering... would anybody on this forum volunteer to translate the whole website to French?

I have English and Italian so far. Spanish will be up in a few days and Finnish is almost finished too. French is a very important language so I'd like to have it on AstroBin.

The job is not hard, but it might take a while: if I recall correctly, there are about 500 strings that need translation, and they vary from single words to long sentences (like in Help and FAQ page).

If somebody has around 5-6 hours (I'm not in a hurry, they can be spread across a few weeks of course), it would help AstroBin be more popular among French speaking people! :)

Cerise sur le gâteau, la fonction 'plate-solving' permet d'identifier automatiquement les objets sur vos photos. Exemple (passez la souris sur l'image):

http://astrobin.com/2712/

Effectivement, cette fonction est vraiment sympa (il y avait un autre site qui proposait cette fonction -pas Astrometry.net-, quelqu'un avait posté le lien sur WA, et je l'ai jamais retrouvé).

Par contre, cette fonction "annotation" n'est disponible que si l'uploader de la photo l'a activée? Car, l'autre jour, en me baladant dans la galerie, nada. (c'est la première fois que je vois la fonction activée sur une photo... celle d'Orion Rider).

I'm wondering... would anybody on this forum volunteer to translate the whole website to French?

I have English and Italian so far. Spanish will be up in a few days and Finnish is almost finished too. French is a very important language so I'd like to have it on AstroBin.

The job is not hard, but it might take a while: if I recall correctly, there are about 500 strings that need translation, and they vary from single words to long sentences (like in Help and FAQ page).

If somebody has around 5-6 hours (I'm not in a hurry, they can be spread across a few weeks of course), it would help AstroBin be more popular among French speaking people!

Hello, Siovene.

I can translate the site into french if you want, it will be a pleasure.

My level in spoken and written english is average (as you see :be: ), but i have no problem to read and understand it.

On the other side, my french is "solid" (grammar, syntax, spelling)... fortunately.:p

I've read a couple of sentences in faq and help sections, it will be easy to translate.

For the more technical vocabulary (in astrophotography for example), I think it's doable too.

Let me know if it's OK, and congrats for your very well designed site.

Par contre, cette fonction "annotation" n'est disponible que si l'uploader de la photo l'a activée? Car, l'autre jour, en me baladant dans la galerie, nada. (c'est la première fois que je vois la fonction activée sur une photo... celle d'Orion Rider).

If I understand the French correctly, I can answer you: the annotated images are available to all users, also those not signed in. In fact, anonymous users can see everything except the global statistics. And of course they cannot send messages or upload images, but that's obvious :)

I can translate the site into french if you want, it will be a pleasure.

My level in spoken and written english is average (as you see :be: ), but i have no problem to read and understand it.

On the other side, my french is "solid" (grammar, syntax, spelling)... fortunately.:p

I've read a couple of sentences in faq and help sections, it will be easy to translate.

For the more technical vocabulary (in astrophotography for example), I think it's doable too.

Let me know if it's OK, and congrats for your very well designed site.

That would be simply fantastique! :) Thank you so much for volunteering! I'll send you a private message with some instructions :)

If I understand the French correctly, I can answer you: the annotated images are available to all users, also those not signed in. In fact, anonymous users can see everything except the global statistics. And of course they cannot send messages or upload images, but that's obvious :)

That was almost the purpose of my question.:be:

In fact, I wanted to know if the annotation of photos was automatic, or if the uploader must activate it. I should have better read your initial post: "Images will also be plate solved, and an annotated version will appear on the site.". Sorry for the silly question.:rolleyes:

That would be simply fantastique! :) Thank you so much for volunteering! I'll send you a private message with some instructions :)

OK, I'm glad you trust me for translating.

Waiting your instructions. ;)

The plate-solving takes a few minutes to complete, but it is done in the background so you don't have to wait. Sometimes it doesn't work, though, as with my 'ET cluster' (NGC457), don't know why...

@ Salvatore, I can help with the translation too, so it will take 2x less time to get it done. ;)

@ Tannhauser, si tu veux on peut se partager le boulot et se relire l'un l'autre.

Modifié par OrionRider

The plate-solving takes a few minutes to complete, but it is done in the background so you don't have to wait. Sometimes it doesn't work, though, as with my 'ET cluster' (NGC457), don't know why...

It doesn't work in two cases:

1) The field of view is too small (less than 20'). I would need a much more powerful server to solve small FOV images, and it would cost too much.

2) The original image is too small, and the stars appear too tiny: the software cannot find the centroid of the stars, so it fails to find matches.

Most of the time solving works, though :)

@ Salvatore, I can help with the translation too, so it will take 2x less time to get it done. ;)

That would be soooo great! :)

@Tannhauser: can you forward OrionRider the private message I sent you with the instructions? The .po file is just a plain text file, so you can split it in half :)

Just remember to check that you are consistent with each other. And don't hesitate to contact me if you need help!

Thank you guys!

That would be soooo great! :)

@Tannhauser: can you forward OrionRider the private message I sent you with the instructions? The .po file is just a plain text file, so you can split it in half :)

Just remember to check that you are consistent with each other. And don't hesitate to contact me if you need help!

Thank you guys!

I was just doing this. ;)

OrionRider, aucun problème pour partager le boulot (en plus, tu t'y connais bien que mieux moi en vocabulaire technique).

Je te transmets le message de siovene concernant la marche à suivre.

• 3 mois plus tard...

Dear all,

after two hard months at work, I am very proud to announce the new iteration of AstroBin, with lots of cool additions and features! Here is a quick explanation of some of the things that just landed on astrobin.com:

Search by telescope and camera type.

The Advanced Search page has become even more... advanced! Now you can limit your searches to a certain type or telescope (be it apochromatic refractor, or Ritchey-Cretien, or Newtonian, and many more) or a certain type of camera (DSLR, CCD, planetary, ...).

It's easier now to plan your next purchase. For example: do you own a SBIG ST10 and want to know how it performs with apochromatic refractors? Now you search that on AstroBin!

Most popular subjects.

Heat to the Explore menu and you will find a link to a page that shows you what are the most popular subjects photographed in the sky. The list is categorized by month, and you can even select a latitude range (on Earth) to see what are the most popular subject photographed by people at your latitude. What a great way to find interesting targets for your next session!

Let's give some faces to those usernames! Check your user menu: now you can upload an avatar: it will appear next to all your images.

Follow gear items and subjects.

Do you want to be notified each time an image is acquired with your favorite CCD, or telescope, or filter, of software? Do you want to be notified each time an image of a certain galaxy is uploaded? Now you can simply put your mouse cursor on the name of what you with to follow, and then click on the Follow button that will appear.

Favorites.

Now there's more than the 5-star voting mechanism to show appreciation to a certain image. Click on the Heart icon to add the image to your favorites. It will go to a new page within "My page", for you to remember. And the author might enjoy some popularity for their picture, as it might get promoted to the "Currently hot" panel on the front page!

Social front page.

Some additions join the "recently uploaded" images on the front page. Now you can see a currently hot image, and new images from the people you follow, and images recently favorited and voted 5-star (by anyone). A great way to discover great images!

Easier, more powerful and more complete Share menu.

There is now more control on how you can share images, and also social sharing on Facebook, G+ or Twitter, if you care for those!

Save time when filling in gear details for an image.

There is now a "Copy gear from image" button in your gear settings for every image: you can use to quickly import the same gear that you have used for another image in the past.

Each deep sky object has its own page.

Mouse over the name of a deep sky object, and click on "View page" in the window that appears. There you can get some data, images and interesting plots for that subject!

New plots in the Stats page.

Enough said, go check them out!

Contact form.

The Feedback button has gone, but if you want to get in touch with me, you can use the new Contact entry in the Help menu.

And now, for the curious and the techies, here's some goodness:

twitter-bootstrap

The UI front-end has been ported to twitter-boostrap: this allows for greater effectiveness of working on the UI, for some easy and cool UI elements (modal dialogs, tooltip, popovers, nice buttons, etc) and for better multi-browser support.

Caching

A few of the slowest parts of the website are now cached, so they will be faster.

Validation errors

A lot of validation error were fixed for the HTML.

Finally, a bunch of bugs was fixed too.

The amount of work has been colossal, to say the least. I have done my best to test everything, but if there are new bugs, please report them as soon as possible, so I can fix them!

I'd like to thank you all for being such an amazing community and for having treated this website really well. Thanks to you AstroBin has a reason to get better and better every day!

Salvatore.

• 2 semaines plus tard...

bon ben désolé,

mais la langue de Shakespear m'est obscure....

dommage dommage.....

car vraiment, ça a l'air impeccable - et avec une traduction en français !!!!

Juste une question : il est dit que c'est un site astro, mais 100% photos.

Voila qui est bon, mais un peu réstrictif car, pourquoi ne pas l'ouvrir aussi au dessin astro ?????

Le GRAD

Il existe dans les musettes depuis quelques années un projet de GRAD (grand répertoire astrodessin), hélas resté dans les cartons à l'état de cahier des charges, faute de développement du progamme. Mais le but, le coeur et l'esprit (y compris la présentation) est exactement celui présenté par astrobin. Il suffirait d'ajouter au besoin quelques champs suppélemntaires propre au dessin et le tour serait joué.

Pensez-vous que ce soit envisagealble ? souhaitable ???? En tout cas, je trouve que ce serait épatant car :

- tout comme pour l'imagerie, ca correspond à un réel besoin,

- la multiplicité des hébergements fait qu'on trouve de tout, mais difficilement. Avoir un site bien foutu (comme celui-ci), dédié et reconnu, plébicité par le plus grand nombre d'amateurs -dessinateurs compris- ne peut être que de nature profitable.

Désolé de ne pourvoir correspondre directement avec l'initiateur de ce magnifique projet, mais en espérant que cette demande lui parvienne et qu'il l'étudie avec attention.

Serge

bon ben désolé,

mais la langue de Shakespear m'est obscure....

dommage dommage.....

car vraiment, ça a l'air impeccable - et avec une traduction en français !!!!

Juste une question : il est dit que c'est un site astro, mais 100% photos.

Voila qui est bon, mais un peu réstrictif car, pourquoi ne pas l'ouvrir aussi au dessin astro ????

Serge

J'avais contacté Astrobin dans ce sens, voici sa réponse:

question: est-ce qu'on peut mettre des dessins astro sur astrobin? le site ne mentionne que les photos.

Réponse : Salut,

bien AstroBin n'a pas été conçu pour les dessins, ils sont autorisés.

Peut-être que dans un proche avenir je vais ajouter quelques paramètres pour

un meilleur support pour les dessins.

Vous êtes les bienvenus à la vôtre télécharger.

Hi Siovene,

People here are very interested to have the site open for drawings.

As you told me a while ago (answering to my mail), Astrobin should accepts drawings; Is there something that we should know or do to be able to upload our drawings in Astrobin (you mentioned you planned to change a few settings).

Thank you for your site, it' really a pleasure for us sky-lovers!

(Automatiquement traduit française ci-dessous)

ENGLISH

Hello Serge and Tata,

there are a few things to consider when trying to fit drawings into AstroBin.

1) How to save them

2) How to show them

Let's talk about #1 first.

On a very basic level, I could:

a) Add a "Drawing" category to the "Subject type" in "Edit basic information"

B) Let you skip the "Gear" and "Acquisition" details for drawings.

On a more advanced level, there might be some types of data that only make sense for drawings. Would you like to suggest some meta-data that should be associated to drawings?

Now let's talk about #2, i.e. how to display the drawings.

Obviously, the single image display should be the same as the photographs, but what about the home page and the searches? Should they exclude drawings?

Should there be a completely separate page that shows drawings only?

Obviously there are a lot of questions :-)

It would be great if you could describe how you would like the site to behave with regards to drawings, and then I can cook something that will make the most people happy :)

FRENCH

Bonjour Serge et Tata,

il ya quelques choses à considérer lors de la tentative pour s'adapter à des dessins en AstroBin.

1) Comment faire pour les sauver

2) Comment faire pour leur montrer

Parlons de n ° 1 en premier.

Sur un niveau très basique, je pourrais:

a) Ajouter un "dessin" catégorie du «type Objet" dans "Modifier les informations de base"

B) Soit vous ignorez la «Gear» et «acquisition» de détails pour les dessins.

Sur un niveau plus avancé, il pourrait y avoir certains types de données qui n'ont de sens pour les dessins. Voulez-vous suggérer quelques méta-données qui doivent être associées à des dessins?

Maintenant, nous allons parler de n ° 2, c'est à dire la façon d'afficher les dessins.

De toute évidence, l'affichage de l'image unique devrait être le même que les photographies, mais que dire de la page d'accueil et les recherches? Faut-il exclure les dessins?

Devrait-il y avoir une page à part entière qui montre que les dessins?

Évidemment, il ya beaucoup de questions :-)

Ce serait génial si vous pouviez décrire comment vous voulez le site de se comporter en ce qui concerne les dessins, et puis je peux faire cuire quelque chose qui va faire les la plupart des gens heureux :)

Perso, je charge le dessin comme si c'était une photo. Les détails techniques peuvent être mis dans le fichier ou dans les commentaires:

9c7be4df-686a-4d2b-9fc5-eba8f62b7b48_thumb.png

Si une catégorie 'Dessins' voit le jour, il faudrait au moins ajouter les 'métadonnées' suivantes:

Technique de dessin (ex: crayon noir, crayons de couleur, pastels, dessin électronique,...)

Oculaires (ex: Nagler 13 et Pentax 5)

English: if you add a category 'drawings', the following metadata should be available, besides the existing fields:

Drawing technique (eg: carbon pencil, color pencils, chalk pastel, electronic art,...)

Eypieces used (eg: Nagler 13 and Pentax 5).

Modifié par OrionRider

pourquoi est ce que les images qui viennent de ce site d"hébergement sont toutes proposées( enfin c'est l'impression que j'ai , mias peut être y a t' il plusieurs possibilités ... ) avec un format carré et des coins arrondis .... c'est la nostalgie des diapos ou quoi ?

il n'y a pas d'autres possibilités d'affichage pour les forums ?

je préfère largement l'ancienne méthode où l'on place une image "réduite" pour le forum ( de largeur 800 -1000 pix et de hauteur variable en fonction du format du capteur utilisé ) ainsi qu'un lien pour la full directement accessible sans passer par un site qui renvoie son logo et sa pub , et ou il faut re-cliquer sur une image intermédiaire ....

Salut GG,

Le machin carré aux coins arrondis, c'est une miniature. Il y a ça aussi sur WebAstro. Ex:

14867-1294751062.jpg

Si tu préfères une version réduite en 800x600 pixels par exemple, tu peux en charger une dans la 'zone d'attente' par exemple.

Il suffit alors de récupérer le lien de l'image avec le navigateur (clic-droit). Exemple: http://s3.amazonaws.com/astrobin_images/09598c7d-1c71-4d96-aed1-5a92e2c8d5cd.jpg

Tu peux lier la full en utilisant le code suivant:

[noparse]

ADRESSE_DE_L

[/noparse]

Exemple:

[noparse]

09598c7d-1c71-4d96-aed1-5a92e2c8d5cd.jpg

[/noparse]

Le but d'AstroBin c'est de stocker des images mais surtout de lier ces images à des 'métadonnées': matériel, temps de pose, lieu, etc.

C'est ce qui fait la puissance de ce site. ;)

Si tu te contentes d'afficher juste l'image, il n'est alors pas possible de comparer, rechercher, etc. Autant prendre un 'bête' site de stockage de fichiers comme dropbox.com :confused:

Modifié par OrionRider

[noparse]

[/noparse]

Please don't do that, unless with moderation. A link like that will basically steal from AstroBin: it will consume my bandwidth and cost me personally money, and it will not let new user discover AstroBin.

S'il vous plaît ne faites pas cela, si ce n'est avec modération. Un lien de ce genre va essentiellement à voler à partir AstroBin: il va consommer ma bande passante et de me coûter personnellement de l'argent, et il ne laissera pas un nouvel utilisateur de découvrir AstroBin.

siovene a raison. Comme expliqué plus haut:

Le but d'AstroBin c'est de stocker des images mais surtout de lier ces images à des 'métadonnées': matériel, temps de pose, lieu, etc.

C'est ce qui fait la puissance de ce site.

Si tu te contentes d'afficher juste l'image, il n'est alors pas possible de comparer, rechercher, etc. Autant prendre un 'bête' site de stockage de fichiers comme dropbox.com

Voilà pourquoi il est important d'utiliser l'interface proposée par AstroBin. ;)

Ce n'est pas seulement intéressant pour les autres, qui découvrent l'image, mais aussi pour soi-même. Dernièrement je suis tombé sur une de mes anciennes photos sur le disque dur. Pas moyen de me souvenir à quelle focale et avec quel filtre elle a été prise et bien sûr à l'époque je ne l'avais pas noté. Si je l'avais mise sur AstroBin, j'aurais toujours pu retrouver les détails techniques. :)

Je pense qu'un bon compromis est de lier la page de la 'full' sur AstroBin à une image réduite. Exemple:

[noparse]

[/noparse]

De cette façon, en cliquant sur l'image l'utilisateur arrive sur la page de présentation de la 'full' sur AstroBin. :cool:

Modifié par OrionRider

Please don't do that, unless with moderation. A link like that will basically steal from AstroBin: it will consume my bandwidth and cost me personally money, and it will not let new user discover AstroBin.

S'il vous plaît ne faites pas cela, si ce n'est avec modération. Un lien de ce genre va essentiellement à voler à partir AstroBin: il va consommer ma bande passante et de me coûter personnellement de l'argent, et il ne laissera pas un nouvel utilisateur de découvrir AstroBin.

:?::?::?: Bot answer???

:?::?::?: Bot answer???

Non, c'est pas bidon. AB est un site gratuit pour les utilisateurs mais son proprio doit louer de l'espace de stockage. Il n'aime pas qu'on affiche une image sans dire qu'elle vient de son site, c'est pas correct par rapport à la philosophie du concept.

C'est une sorte de 'détournement'. ;)

Obviously, the single image display should be the same as the photographs, but what about the home page and the searches? Should they exclude drawings?

Should there be a completely separate page that shows drawings only?

Obviously there are a lot of questions :-)

**ENGLISH**

Well... First, Astrobin is designed for astrophotography. So, it's really nice of you to think about something to do for astro-drawings.:)

In my opinion, home page should stay the same. If somebody is interested by drawings (like me^^), there is the "followed" frame (it's the only personal setting of the home page).

But another problem is the "last 5 stars votes" and the "favorited images". Maybe astrophotographers don't want to see drawings in the home page.

Perhaps the solution is to add something like a "select filter" on the home page: "Astrophotography" or "Drawings" (in order to separate photos and drawings, no mix). But the home page stay the same (just choose what types of images you want to see)

For the search and technical datas, I'm agree with you (just add a "Subject Type", adapt upload pages for drawing -remove unneccessary settings like resolution and integration-) and OrionRider (datas directly on the drawing or in the description).

Finally, for pages like "The Big Wall", "Night after Night", etc., drawings should be excluded (as always, no mix photos and drawings). And add a search filter "Drawings" in the "Filter by" menu.

In short, drawings would be excluded everywhere on the site by default (search, view, etc) and be accessible exclusively via some sort of "Drawings only" filter.

**FRANCAIS**

Bon, en premier lieu, Astrobin est dédié à l'astrophoto. Alors c'est vraiment sympa de ta part de penser à faire quelque chose pour intégrer les dessins.:)

A mon avis, la page d'accueil ne devrait pas changer. Si quelqu'un est intéressé par les dessins (comme moi^^), il y a le cadre "Abonnements" (c'est le seul réglage personnel de la page d'accueil).

Mais l'autre problème est le cadre "derniers votes 5 étoiles" et "dernières images mises en favoris". Peut-être que les astrophotographes ne veulent pas voir de dessins sur la page d'accueil.

La solution pourrait être d'ajouter une sorte de "filtre de sélection" sur la page d'accueil: "Astrophotographie" ou "Dessins astro" (dans le but de séparer les photos et les dessins, pas de mélange). La page d'accueil reste la même (juste la possibilité de choisir quel type d'image on veut voir).

Pour les recherches et les données techniques, je suis d'accord avec toi (juste ajouter un critère "Type d'objet", adapter les pages d'upload pour les dessins -enlever les réglages inutiles comme la résolution et le temps d'exposition-) et OrionRider (les données directement sur le dessin ou dans la partie "description")

Enfin, pour les pages comme "Le Grand Mur", "Nuit par nuit", etc., les dessins devraient être exclus (toujours dans l'idée pas de mélange photos/dessins). Et ajouter simplement un filtre de recherche "Dessins astro" dans le menu "Filtrer par".

En résumé, les dessins devraient être exclus de tout le site par défaut (recherche, voir, etc) et être accessibles exclusivement par un filtre du type "Dessins astro seulement".

Modifié par Tannhauser

Rejoignez la conversation !

Vous pouvez répondre maintenant et vous inscrire plus tard. Si vous avez un compte, connectez-vous pour poster avec votre compte.

Invité
Répondre à ce sujet…

×   Collé en tant que texte enrichi.   Coller en tant que texte brut à la place

Seulement 75 émoticônes maximum sont autorisées.

×   Votre lien a été automatiquement intégré.   Afficher plutôt comme un lien

×   Votre contenu précédent a été rétabli.   Vider l’éditeur

×   Vous ne pouvez pas directement coller des images. Envoyez-les depuis votre ordinateur ou insérez-les depuis une URL.

• En ligne récemment   0 membre est en ligne

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.

• Créer...

Information importante

Nous avons placé des cookies sur votre appareil pour aider à améliorer ce site. Vous pouvez choisir d’ajuster vos paramètres de cookie, sinon nous supposerons que vous êtes d’accord pour continuer.