Aller au contenu

Camera CCD fabriqué maison "CAM86"

pagpatrice

Messages recommandés

Very, very rough test of the freezing spray with camera at room temperature (stdDev frame = 23)

DD4 (opamp):

no or very small effect

DD3 (ADC):

very large effect while spraying (stdDev goes down to 16) but as soon I stop spraying the noise goes up to higher than before (to 27). Then it slowly settles down to 23.

StdDev = 23 -> 16 (while spraying) -> 27 -> 23 (within few minutes)

Regulators:

no or very small effect

Sensor (no cold finger):

StdDev = 23 -> 10 -> 23 (within few minutes)

The interesting part is the ADC...

JUST to know and, it is important..... When you spray the ADC, do you had the sensor on the board ???

Modifié par impla007

Yes, sensor was always on the board during the tests.

Note that when I cooled the ADC stdDev went down to 16 only for a very short time (few seconds) and then the noise shoot up to higher than before. Only after few minutes it went down back to 23. So I am not sure what to make out of the result. The time during which stdDev was 16 was very short... and why did the stdDev rise to higher than at ambient temperature? Something responded negatively to the cooling???

I also checked, my ADC is rated to -40 degrees C.

Note that THS4031 comes in two varieties, one that works only down to 0 degrees C and one that works down to -40 degrees C.

Note that when I cooled the ADC stdDev went down to 16 only for a very short time (few seconds) and then the noise shoot up to higher than before. Only after few minutes it went down back to 23. So I am not sure what to make out of the result. The time during which stdDev was 16 was very short... and why did the stdDev rise to higher than at ambient temperature? Something responded negatively to the cooling???

Note that THS4031 comes in two varieties, one that works only down to 0 degrees C and one that works down to -40 degrees C.

Sensor was on the board OK.

Then, to summarize :

No Cooling stdev 23

Cooling the sensor go down to 10 then 23

Cooling the ADC go down to 16 then 23

The combined noise mesured is equal to sqrt((noise of ADC)^2 +(noise of sensor)^2))

The values you mesured could indicate that the noise of the ADC is close to the noise of the sensor around 16.

That means that we can cool the sensor as much as we can, we will never go under the noise of the ADC . And, the noise of the ADC is too high compared to the noise of a cooled sensor.

I would like to verify that.

The noise of the ADC 9826 is given to be between 3 LSB and 9 LSB, it should interresting to verify if we have a "chinese one" or a "regular" one.

Modifié par impla007

Gilles and Patrice, I have released a new firmware which may fix the cooling issues you have. v0.7L, in the usual place. Details of changes are on IIS. Can you please test and report.

Ok, I check when I have repaired, thanks

Regarding Cam90, you may want to do what we did on IIS with cam86 - make our own design instead of using the Ukrainian Gerber files. We did this to improve several things, for example, we are using a larger FET for the TEC. Someone already released Cam90 Altium designer files which probably need minimal change to get to the latest Grim's version.

Then you could swap the QNF component with something which is easier to solder.

I want to do it during the bad winter evening :)

DD3 (ADC):

very large effect while spraying (stdDev goes down to 16) but as soon I stop spraying the noise goes up to higher than before (to 27). Then it slowly settles down to 23.

StdDev = 23 -> 16 (while spraying) -> 27 -> 23 (within few minutes)

Interesting, but strange behavior.

The noise of the ADC 9826 is given to be between 3 LSB and 9 LSB, it should interresting to verify if we have a "chinese one" or a "regular" one.

Perso j'ai tous commandé chez Mouser a part le 1267, donc peu de chance qu'il soit une contrefaçon.

impla07, when cooling the ADC I had:

23 -> 16 -> 27 -> 23

The stage when it was 16 lasted only few seconds and the stage when it was 27 lasted much longer until it went down back to 23. I do not believe the results but I repeated measurements several times and it always did that.

It is strange, I am not sure what caused the stdDev to go down to 16, and even worse, why did it go up to 27 very quickly?

I remember someone on the Ukrainian forums getting fake chips even when ordering from Farnel and good ones from ebay.

What is it about ?

C'est quoi le sujet ?

J'ai un peu de mal à vous suivre, là : vous essayez de voir si en refroidissant l'ADC ça fait moins de bruit ?

ça vaut vraiment le coup vis à vis du bruit du capteur ????

Edit

http://www.webastro.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2373825&postcount=882

avec DT=-43 dans le congélateur, j 'avais atteind stddev=11.8

mais si ça se trouve, c'est justement parce que l'ADC était lui aussi au frais (genre à -20°...), non ?

Modifié par gehelem

Ben le sujet est justement dans ta mesure.... De mon coté, la caméra montée sur le scope, j'ai un stdev à 15,5 avec la cam à -15°C ET un gain de 1,1 ( gain réglé à 7) pour avoir toute l'amplitude des 16bits.

Si tu arrives à un stdev de 11,8, soit un delta de 3 par rapport à moi (stdev >15), cela signifie que tu as un gain sur le bruit de 25%.... Traduit en terme de poses, cela représente 50% de poses en moins pour avoir une image identique.

A la place de faire 60 poses de 1 minutes, tu n'en fera plus que 38 pour avoir la meme image....., ca cause.... et ca vaut le coup de torturer le hard qui marche bien déja...

Par contre, tu viens de me donner une bonne idée. Je vais mettre la cam au congel !

merci gilles

qu'est-ce qui te fait dire que le bruit du capteur est bien supérieur ? Tu as des infos ?

Euh... par exemple quand je fais un dark de 120s, j'ai un stddev à 75, je me dis donc qu'avec 12 ou 15 pour l'ADC, ça ne change pas grand chose...

Je pense que je ne pige pas bien....

Euh... par exemple quand je fais un dark de 120s, j'ai un stddev à 75, je me dis donc qu'avec 12 ou 15 pour l'ADC, ça ne change pas grand chose...

Je pense que je ne pige pas bien....

Salut Gilles, bonnes questions...

Si à -15°C tu as 11 lorsque tu fais un offset et que lorsque tu fais un dark de 120s tu as 75 , il faut que tu vérifies qu'il n'y ait pas une entree de lumière lorsque tu as fait ton dark qui te donnerait un stdev à 75.... Si tu es sur d'être dans le noir complet et total et que tu as toujours 75 sur ton dark, il faut aussi vérifier que ton doigt froid est bien en appui sur le capteur.

Quand je fais un dark de 120s, j'ai 16... 17...de stdev (Pour un gain de 1) et j'ai 15 pour un offset; Globalement à -15°C il y a peu de différence entre l'offset et le dark pour des durées de 60 à 120s.

Pour te donner une idée, avec un gain de 1, j'ai 15 de stdev. Avec un gain de 4, sur un offset j'ai 60 de stdev, c'est normal, le gain amplifie le signal de x4 mais aussi le bruit de x4.

Hier soir , sur les images, j'avais mon fond de ciel avec un stdev de 65 (cam à -15) et des images à 60s pour un gain de 4 donc, cohérent. Le bruit de la cam, l'emportant largement sur le bruit du ciel.

Salut Gilles, bonnes questions...

(...)

Merci Patrice, effectivement il faut que je réfléchisse à tout ça... clairement beaucoup de choses m'échappent.

Pour le moment, ciel dégagé, n-ième tentative en préparation

bonsoir à tous,

Hier soir, impossible de rien sortir du tout qui ressemble à quelque chose de rien rien rien et encore rien.

Je me demande si la cam n'a p as pris un coup de chaud (elle reste sous une bâche dehors en ce moment avec ses copines la monture et la lunette)

Du coup petite forme, enthousiasme au niveau des pâquerettes.

>> Décision :il faut que fasse un peu de tri dans mes projets, je cours trop de trucs à la fois et je ne finis rien.

Donc, je vais mettre un peu la cam86 en standby pour :

1- finir mon alim universelle, parce que les trucs à découpage ça me cochonne toutes mes photos (quand j'arrive à en prendre)

2- peaufiner mon focuser qu'est branché à la McGiver et ça m'énerve

3- apprendre à faire des photos avec mon EOS, je cumule trop les difficultés, là

Une fois ceci fait, alors je pense que les conditions seront réunies pour reprendre le chantier.

Pour le moment, c'est trop de frustration j'ai mis la barre trop haut (ou j'ai mis trop de barres...)

Par contre pour la discute, suis toujours là ;-)

Gilles.

Merci Patrice, effectivement il faut que je réfléchisse à tout ça... clairement beaucoup de choses m'échappent.

Non c'est pas moi :D

Je me demande si la cam n'a p as pris un coup de chaud

Je confirme qu'elle aime pas

>> Décision :il faut que fasse un peu de tri dans mes projets, je cours trop de trucs à la fois et je ne finis rien.

1- finir mon alim universelle, parce que les trucs à découpage ça me cochonne toutes mes photos (quand j'arrive à en prendre)

3- apprendre à faire des photos avec mon EOS, je cumule trop les difficultés, là

Une fois ceci fait, alors je pense que les conditions seront réunies pour reprendre le chantier.

Pour le moment, c'est trop de frustration j'ai mis la barre trop haut (ou j'ai mis trop de barres...)

Gilles.

Sage décision de faire un tri, de toutes façon en juin/juillet les nuits sont courte :)

bonsoir à tous,

Hier soir, impossible de rien sortir du tout qui ressemble à quelque chose de rien rien rien et encore rien.

Je me demande si la cam n'a p as pris un coup de chaud (elle reste sous une bâche dehors en ce moment avec ses copines la monture et la lunette)

Du coup petite forme, enthousiasme au niveau des pâquerettes.

Gilles.

Un petit coup de blues est vite passé .. t as besoin de vacances .

Et puis, il fait trop chaud pour faire quelque chose de bien .

New driver is out, in the usual place. Version 0.7.2L. Screenshots are here (I cannot find a button to insert images on this forum unless they are hosted elsewhere).

Changes:

- Fix bug where maxGain was reported as 64 instead of 63

- Modify the layout of the settings form

- Add a button to minimise the settings form

- Add a button to toggle between image info only or settings as well when camera is connected

The biggest visual change is that I have modified the window layout to look more like EQASCOM. You can minimise the window now as well.

The firmware stays the same, v.0.6L.

(there is a testing firmware version v0.7L in the same folder, ignore for now unless you have cooling issues).

Enjoy

New driver is out, in the usual place. Version 0.7.2L. Screenshots are here (I cannot find a button to insert images on this forum unless they are hosted elsewhere).

Changes:

- Fix bug where maxGain was reported as 64 instead of 63

- Modify the layout of the settings form

- Add a button to minimise the settings form

- Add a button to toggle between image info only or settings as well when camera is connected

The biggest visual change is that I have modified the window layout to look more like EQASCOM. You can minimise the window now as well.

The firmware stays the same, v.0.6L.

(there is a testing firmware version v0.7L in the same folder, ignore for now unless you have cooling issues).

Enjoy

Thank you Luka, to put a picture it is necessary to go in CONSTELLIA

attachment.php?attachmentid=214904&d=1497961732

attachment.php?attachmentid=214903&d=1497961732

attachment.php?attachmentid=214902&d=1497961732

More than a test on removing the Bayer matrix, it shows significant loss in intensity by conversion to mono. On page 4 there is a graph of intensities of the sensor vs wavelength, measured with a monochromator. The bad news is that by removing the Bayer matrix and the microlenses the intensity in H alpha red (660nm) goes down by 2.8 times. Similar for the other wavelengths.

If binning is used mono still wins (4x / 2.8x = 1.4x higher intensity) but then there is no resolution gain.

Posté (modifié)
Haha, and more results from the same page. These measurements show that the mono sensor is actually more sensitive than the colour sensor. Interesting, interesting...

YESSS, it confirms the results of another website

image2.png?w=436&h=138

There is indeed another layer to remove, when I do mine I have to remove!

Modifié par pagpatrice

Haha, and more results from the same page. These measurements show that the mono sensor is actually more sensitive than the colour sensor. Interesting, interesting...

Hi There,

I made a comparison (On stars not burned and on part of sky with no stars) between the 2 images Bayerized and unBayerized.... As you said Luka, it seems interesting....

But, only on the sensitivity point of view. I have compared Sensitivity... And Yes it is more sensitive but I Have also compared noise....... And I aaw that noise is increasing faster than sensitivity... :cry:

It seems that removing the bayer matrix make the image more noisy that it should by just the effect of sensitivity.

Signal/noise ratio is better on the unBayerized image by 10% to 25%... It means that if you want to have the same "image quality", you shoud pose longer on the unBayerized image that on the Bayerized.. But, if you don't care about noise, then yes removing the bayer mask is good.

30683-1498232765.jpg

Patrice, the way I understood the Ukrainian forum is that you will lose sensitivity if you remove the 3rd layer. But after reading again I am not sure if the 3rd layer should stay or go.

Impla007, what kind of glass was before your sensor in the optical path? Did it have anti-reflective coatings and how far away was it?

By the way, I killed my mono sensor. I was removing the original glass cover because of reflections and I accidentally cut one of the tiny gold wires :cry:

Will try repairing it tomorrow...

[quote name=luka;2424454

Impla007' date=' what kind of glass was before your sensor in the optical path? Did it have anti-reflective coatings and how far away was it?

[/quote]

Luka, to make the comparison I have taken images coming from the russian thread Patrice gave us, and I do not know what/if AR Coating was used . I am also quite sure the problem is coming from AR and I will be very interested to make the same tests on a debayerized sensor with an AR Glass cover. Because, I noted that gain in sensitivity was between 30% to 50% depending the star used for mesurement it could be very interested if the noise stays around the same... Bayerized/unBayerized.

Bonjour à tous,

J'ai reçu des pcbs un peu étranges pour faire un anneau chauffant avec des résistances 2512.

Diamètre ext 54.5 , intérieur 46 16 résistances en série..

Je vais avoir du rab (10 reçus) si qq'un est interressé.

519051IMG1907.jpg

660774IMG1908.jpg

• J'aime 1

Bonjour à tous,

J'ai reçu des pcbs un peu étranges pour faire un anneau chauffant avec des résistances 2512.

Diamètre ext 54.5 , intérieur 46 16 résistances en série..

Je vais avoir du rab (10 reçus) si qq'un est interressé.

L'hivers approchant, ça va faire besoin tout ça...

Moi j'en veux bien un !

tu as déniché ça où ?

Rejoignez la conversation !

Vous pouvez répondre maintenant et vous inscrire plus tard. Si vous avez un compte, connectez-vous pour poster avec votre compte.

Invité
Répondre à ce sujet…

×   Collé en tant que texte enrichi.   Coller en tant que texte brut à la place

Seulement 75 émoticônes maximum sont autorisées.

×   Votre lien a été automatiquement intégré.   Afficher plutôt comme un lien

×   Votre contenu précédent a été rétabli.   Vider l’éditeur

×   Vous ne pouvez pas directement coller des images. Envoyez-les depuis votre ordinateur ou insérez-les depuis une URL.

• En ligne récemment   0 membre est en ligne

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...

Information importante

Nous avons placé des cookies sur votre appareil pour aider à améliorer ce site. Vous pouvez choisir d’ajuster vos paramètres de cookie, sinon nous supposerons que vous êtes d’accord pour continuer.